Happy Birthday, Oreo!

Thursday, March 8, 2012
Hello there, guys! I'm back, and I'm done with the first week of midterm exams, whoopee! :D

Today, I would like to take special time to congratulate milk's, and mine, favorite cookies... OREO! Here's a little history of OREO:
This month marks the 100th birthday of the Nabisco Oreo chocolate sandwich cookie, which was introduced on March 6, 1912. The first ones were made in a factory in Chelsea, New York that is now the site of the Chelsea Market. Since that time, an estimated 491 billion have been sold, making them the best-selling cookie in America.


We must all be familiar with the tradition, "Diputar, dijilat, dicelupin!" of Oreo as we grow up.

It's a joy, really, to enjoy a pack of OREO, or mix it with my other favorite treats such as vanilla ice cream, vanilla milkshake, vanilla pudding, pancakes.... YUM-YUM!

To celebrate its centennial, Nabisco is launching an international limited-edition birthday version with colorful sprinkles in the crème filling, embossed with a special birthday design.

Awwww, cute right??? I wish they sold some in Indonesia.. Too bad I can't taste these limited edition OREO cookies ):

So... I just wanna say thank you, Inventor of OREO, for making one of the most fabulous cookies in this whole world. And OREO, thanks for being the soulmate of cream, and thus, a soulmate of mine: cookies&cream. (x

Now, who's in for some OREO pie??? I know I'm in! (x



0 comments:

Post a Comment